Back in January I showed you a little "before" tour of my house, as it's going to be a work in progress for a long time.
The living room has been my main project so far, but a major increase in shop orders has shifted my focus to my office / studio space. If I'm going to be working crazier hours, I need to be able to have space and ... actually be able to find my materials.
I wouldn't consider it done, but it's come a long way.
- I cozy'd it up a bit with a rug
- I moved our previous couch in there so that it can double as a guest room
- I cleaned off my desk by organizing my tools, and only keeping what is necessary on the desk (photos of
children count as a necessity)
- I created a separate work station for in-progress projects
- I set up an old shelf to keep shipping and packaging materials in order
- All other materials and tools not in current use are neatly tucked into the closet
- I hung up a few favorite pieces of art on the large blank wall behind my desk (top photo)
Now, I'm ready for work!
So, the extra orders, along with a few surprises up my sleeve, are why I have been MIA from the blog for a while. I'm not good at keeping secret projects a secret, so I should just stop typing now. :)