Popcorn! Popcorn seems so perfect during the holidays. If you read Snowed In Magazine, you already saw my Peppermint Chocolate Popcorn recipe, so here's another one for you. It's perfect for snacking on Christmas Eve, cuddled on the couch while watching It's a Wonderful Life. The best part about this is how easy it is to make, how inexpensive it is, and how you can make as much as you want! No pre-packaged popcorn here, just pure and simple corn kernels in a paper bag.
Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Popcorn
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
brown paper bag
- Place kernels in a paper lunch bag
- Fold the top over at least three times
- Microwave on high for at least three minutes, or until popping slows down to one pop every second or two. Remove from microwave, and carefully open the bag
- Add butter (I find it best to cut it into small chunks), brown sugar, and cinnamon to still-hot popcorn
- Close bag again, and shake bag to distribute toppings evenly. If butter clumps to un-popped kernels, remove clumped kernels, add a bit more butter and sugar, and shake again
Empty into a large bowl to share and enjoy!