Before I get into the tutorial of this post, I want to tell you about the picture I chose. I was flipping through old childhood photos when I realized: there are basically no photos of just my mom and me. Apparently, she was the one who took all of the pictures in our family, so it’s rare to find one of her, and even rarer to see one of both of us. I found this picture of my mom, dad, and me at Christmas in 1987, and I made it work. Hopefully others out there don’t have the same problem as I do! (Message to moms: get in those pictures, too!)
- Card stock cut to fit your photo when folded in half (mine is 5.5” x 4” when folded)
- Craft knife
- Calligraphy pen or marker
2. Cut the card along your pencil markings to create a silhouette.
3. Erase any leftover pencil marks.
4. Using a calligraphy pen or marker, write, “Happy Mother’s Day”
5. Insert your photo into the card – no need to glue in place!